woMMAn Search Engine

Custom Search

Friday, September 18, 2009

Team Rashad Week 1

The premiere of TUF 10s first episode has strengthened my love for Rashad and heightened my distaste for Rampage. From the beginning of the episode to the previews of the upcoming episodes, I was hoping that Rashad would knock out Rampage. Rashad seemed calm about the situation. He was able to handle whatever Rampage was dishing.

Rampage on the other hand can’t handle someone calling him out on his own shit. Rampage’s the guy who will make fun of people to divert attention away from his own flaws. Like mentioning and joking about Rashad’s loss (first loss) to Machida, as if he himself has not lost a fight. He probably couldn’t wait to bring it up, which he did multiple times. I cannot wait for Rashad to put him in his place and that’s on the ground knocked out.

Team pickins’
1st, size does not matter Rampage (in this case at least). You can’t underestimate the smaller guys, especially when they have more skill and tend to be faster. At least mix it up and balance out the team, but hey, I’m not complaining, because the picks gave Rashad a great team and increased his chances of winning. 2nd, Kimbo, really? Why Rampage was so excited to have him on his team I’ll never understand. Have him. Maybe you guys can cuddle together at night. Maybe he can join you on the A-team and act as your stunt double. Kimbo’s the least of my concerns. I’ll have to see how he is locked in a house with a bunch of immature guys.

Can’t really say too much about the other guys right now, except I have a feeling that Wes Sims will get on my nerves, and that Marcus Jones needs to work on his cardio.

Elimination Fight #1 Abe Wagner v Jon Madsen
The assistant coaches for Rampage must be afraid of Rampage, because the 1st fight was not a matchup in favor of his team. They should have spoke up and told him “no.”

I thought Abe was cute until he puked. He reminds me of someone, but I’ll have to think of who later. Poor thing didn’t have any ground game, and just laid there taking a beating from Jon. He should have did what Tim Sylvia did when he fought Jeff Monson, and utilized his long legs to keep Jon closer to his waist, so he would have less blows to the face. That was a nasty gash, but at least he has war wound to show off at his day job.

Next episode should be great. I hate having to wait a whole week, but at least there’s UFC 103 to watch. Don’t forget to watch the prelims free on Spike TV. Hopefully, they keep showing these, because I never get to see the hotties at the bottom of the fight cards. I should send Dana my preferred fight card list. Who must be shown and who never needs to be show. Matt Serra would always be on the latter.

Time to hit Diego's streets. So send me a tweet @ http://twitter.com/TDubb_woMMAn.


T-Dubb

0 comments: