woMMAn Search Engine

Custom Search

Thursday, August 20, 2009

K-Lovey's Blog: Strikeforce Carano vs. Cyborg

Once again another fight night came upon us. The Strikeforce event happened on Saturday and it was a good one. My only bone to pick is with the announcer Gus Johnson. He sucks ass!! He bores me beyond believe & his facial expressions are ridicules. He forgot the most important rule and that is practice in the mirror! Moving on…..

MIKE KYLE vs. FABRICIO WERDUM—When I saw this one listed I really didn’t know what to think. I think Kyle is a good fighter but for some reason he’s just glanced over. They opened up the fight with kicks and punches. Then Werdum got a hold of Kyle’s leg and got him down. Werdum started punching the hell out of Kyle’s face while he was down and Kyle almost got him with an armbar. After that Werdum thought this was a nice taste of what’s to come.

GILBERT MILENDEZ vs. MITSUHIRO ISHIDA—Awwww Gilbert!!! You are just too cute for words. I love watching him fight!! I saw him fight in 2004 and liked him instantly. He has one of the hottest stances in the cage, and you can see in his face that he is ready to whoop your ass. Is it wrong to think he looks his best when he is swinging at someone’s face? With that being said of course I picked him to win. I don’t know if anyone caught this but Ishida is nasty. While was preparing to enter the cage Ishida took his shirt of and then wipe his armpits with it and handed it off. I don’t think I have ever seen anyone do that before. Who wants your nasty shirt with your pit juice on it?? In the 1st round they were trying to feel each other out and Ishida did land a few kicks, but Milendez started picking him apart and landed a sweet left hook (hooottt). 2nd round Milendez defiantly stuck to striking. Ishida tried for some takedowns but Milendez was having none of it. He was wearing Ishida out the whole round. In the 3rd round Ishida grew some nuts and started striking with Milendez. Dumb move! Milendez taxed him for that and then tried to sink in some chokes. After that Milendez ended the fight by punching the hell out of his face.

GERGARD MOUSASI vs BABALU SOBRAL---Mousasi had me cracking up in the beginning of the round. He was standing around like a big dork and had this goofy look on his face when Big John was going over his spill. I picked Babalu simply because he’s pretty J. I know, I know and get over it……I don’t always have to base my picks on skill. The round started off with kicks from both fighters. When the clinch happened it was pretty much over after the takedown. All you saw was Mousasi dropping bombs and pretty Babalu went stiff as wood. He may look like a dweeb but he means business baby! I can’t wait to see Mousasi’s next opponent. Sorry Babalu.

GINA CARANO vs CHRIS SANTOS---I was really excited about this fight. I really like both girls, but I’m proud to say I picked this one perfectly! I knew Cyborg was going to whoop that ass!! Like I said, I like Carano and I have a lot of respect for her and her accomplishments. Someone had to lose right? The match was so exciting from start to finish. Cyborg moved in and started landed punches and then took her down. Carano did a great job of getting out of a heel hook and got back to her feet. Cyborg was on her quickly and then went for the takedown but Carano landed on top. She tried to get in some ground and pound but she gave up the position. After that it was more of the same. Cyborg was just so dominate, but there was no quit in Carano. Cyborg had her down and just kept pounding, until the very last second possible, the ref stops the fight. These girls are gangsters and I would love to have either one on my side any day. You go girls!!!

As you know August is a month full of fights, and another fight is headed our way. Look out for a blog about UFC 102.

0 comments: