woMMAn Search Engine

Custom Search

Saturday, July 18, 2009

K-lovely's Blog: UFC 100 Weekend

Hello peeps!!! I just wanted to drop a few lines about my UFC 100 experience. My best friend and I were at a non-stop pace the moment we landed in Vegas. The expo was just amazing! I have to hand it to the guys, it can’t be easy to keep a happy face & look interested in every conversation for 2 days straight. Who knows the shit they heard from people. We did wait in a few lines, but we got lucky just walking around and catching the fighters out and about. Friday was definitely the jack pot for me. I got so much accomplished. On this day I had the chance to meet the DIAZ brothers, followed Rampage like a stalker from one end of the expo to the other to get the perfect shot, and I enjoyed the greatness of the weigh ins. Thanks to the fight club membership we had a much shorter line to wait in and we were allowed in an hour earlier for a Q & A with Kenny Florian. Unfortunately, they forgot to give us the memo that said we had to be on his nuts. Don’t get me wrong, Kenny is a good fighter. I just happen to like B.J., or other fighters for that matter, a lot better. I was just a little thrown back when I saw how many people were going gaga over him. The weigh ins were as wonderful as I expected them to be! Men undressing and then giving their tough man pose in their undies……never a bad thing. After the weigh ins we ran into Frank Lester. He was such a sweetie! He was so friendly and seemed like he was happy to be there and really enjoying the experience. I think all the guys were more excited to see him than we were. I think I was pushed out of the way at least twice. Thanks Frank for showing that SD has real fighters! I’m sure you can sleep now knowing that the meatheads of America love you!

Saturday was a short day at the expo but we did meet a lot of great fighters. We met some of the guys from WEC. A couple that stood out were Jens Pulver and Joseph Benavidez. Jens was just silly and he was patient during a camera malfunction. Thanks Jens! Joseph was just so sweet to us. We talked about the fight that just happens to fall on my best friend’s birthday. He promised to give her a b-day gift, so we’ll see. It just sucks that he is fighting Dominick Cruz. I have been a fan of Cruz for awhile now, so this will be a hard one for me. Other fighters that stood out to me were Gabriel Gonzaga & Joe Lauzon. Gonzaga seemed to be really into it and would even take some crazy photos. He got down for a cute pose with me! Joe was so sweet and a really good sport. I asked him to sign something funny on my picture, and we came up with SEXY BEAST! You’re the man Joe, thanks for playing along!!!

On to the fights!! I definitely felt like I received my money’s worth. I would like to give a little love to the prelim matches that have not caught as much attention. The first 2 matches ended in the first round by some really good chokes. I found it quite amusing watching Tom Lawlor chock C.B’s ass out. As you can tell, I am not a C.B. fan at all. Shannon Gugerty choked Price so hard his arm went limp. That was crazy! Now the match that I felt was the fight of the night was the Danzig vs Miller. I thought this was a great brawl and it was bloody which made it even better in my eyes. In the first round Miller came out strong. First with punches, then he got Danzig down and was all over him. Not only with submission attempts, but he dropped some nasty elbows and cut Danzig bad. I was worried about that cut in the 2nd round. Danzig did try and slip on a kimura, but no luck. Miller got some real good shots to Danzig’s face and he was bleeding like crazy. Toward the end of the round Danzig had a tight ass guillotine in but Miller was saved by the bell. The guys were pumped up at the beginning of the 3rd round and the crowd was so into it! It was more of the same in the third. Miller landed really good shots, and unfortunately all of Danzig submission attempts were denied. Miller wins the fight but they both worked their asses off!! I love Danzig and was hoping he would get the win but I was not disappointed at all.

I think they all did a good job of warming us up for what was yet to come. I am still crushed by the Bisping knock out. Yes, I was 1 of the 6 people rooting for Bisping. As a fighter, I am not taking anything away from Henderson. I think he is a good fighter and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I just happen to LOVE Bisping. I never had a doubt in my mind that St Pierre would win. I still love you Thiago!!! Any other time I would be in his corner, but not only is St Pierre the shit in the ring, he looks mighty fine in those shorts of his. I think I speak for a lot of girls when I say THANK YOU!!!! As far as the Mir fight goes, I still love you Mir. Lesner is just a waste of space to me, and I will take such pleasure in watching Feder lay his ass out! Then he can go back home and pound Sable all he wants!

Total Combat is coming up on July 25 and I will have some things to say about those fights. I cannot wait to see War Machine!! I know, I know & I don’t care!! I am such a huge fan of his and it is worth going just to see him. I’m out!

Remember…no regrets!!!

K-lovely

0 comments: